This school is a Safer School.
West Mercia Police and Shropshire Council support our school with this initiative.
The initiative is a practical and realistic approach to school security and safety.
It gives our school a clear focus and sets a minimum standard for school security.
The essential elements of the ‘Safer School’ process include:-
- Implementing a security policy that the governors have adopted.
- Consulting parents/carers and pupils for their views and updating them on any progress.
- Publicity of ‘Safer Schools’ to school staff, pupils, school neighbours, parents and prospective parents.
- Establishing a ‘Safer Schools’ group. This ‘Safer School’ group is a partnership of school stakeholders.
- Regularly reviewing and implementing good practice and essential security/safety measures for staff, pupils and the site.
- Educating pupils through the Personal, Social, Health and Economic curriculum programme or the Safer School folder.
- A daily procedure for recording incidents should they occur i.e. trespass, burglary, theft, anti-social behaviour, vandalism, arson, suspicious activity etc.
- Solving real problems rather than perceived problems. Prioritising work (if any) and reviewing action.
- If there are security issues i.e. vandalism, anti-social behaviour etc, the intention of the initiative is to reduce/eliminate the issues.
We have regular meetings of the 'Safer Schools' group.
This group is currently made up of:
- Ian Bartlett (Safer Schools)
- * Governor representative (parent governor)
- * Other school staff (admin/caretaker)
- Local PC or PCSO representative
- Pupil input comes through School Council input (when/where appropriate)
We are always keen for new members to join our group, so we have a wider range of views, and would welcome parental input, so please get in touch if you wish.