Family Well-Being Team
From September 2021 onwards, we will have a new and exciting addition to our offer to children and families.
To date, school has had one fantastic 'Learning Mentor' (Mrs A Jones) supporting pupils, with other staff supporting too. We are building on and expanding this.
FROM SEPTEMBER 2021:
Introducing our new "Family Well-Being Team":
= Mrs Amanda Jones
= Mrs Stacey Marshall
From September 2021, Mrs Jones and Mrs Marshall will be making up a new "team" to further support our pupils and families. These roles will not be full time, rather in addition to continuing their roles supporting children in class (and 1:1 SEN support).
This new "team" will encompass the aspects of the Learning Mentor Role that Mrs Jones has successfully carried out, as well as adding in "Early Help" support, working alongside families and other agencies (health, mental health etc).
Both Mrs Jones and Mrs Marshall will work closely together on all aspects of this expanded role, which has seen them already start specialised training and meetings with Local Authority colleagues this Summer.
We are really excited about this development and know that Mrs Jones and Mrs Marshall are too.
Please see below/attached for signposts to other sources of support in the meantime.
‘Early Help’ describes the type of early intervention and support that can be provided when a child or young person’s needs are not being met by routine universal services, but do not meet the threshold for a specialist service such as Children’s Social Care. Please see Early Help Information for Parents leaflet for further information.
There’s a directory of 11 pages of local support services across a wide range please visit the website or contact school for further advice for finding the right support service. Visit www.shropshire.gov.uk/early-help
Single point of coordination into Shropshire Children’s Services at an Early Help level. The aim is to make accessing support from children’s services simple, easy and clear. Compass will also provide a single point of contact for professionals to obtain advice and support. COMPASS is an integrated team approach with CAMHS Senior Primary Mental Health Practitioners, Early Help Advisors (Senior Social Workers) and Family Information Service co-located to triage cases on a daily basis to progress support.
You can call COMPASS on 0345 678 9021 or visit www.shropshire.gov.uk/early-help/
SEND Local Offer
The SEND local offer is a single place for information, services, and resources for children and young people aged 0-25 with special educational needs and / or disabilities, their families, and the practitioners who support them. It's been designed with a family’s needs at the heart of the process. This includes social care either for day sessions or short breaks (All in programme). There’s a directory of 11 pages of local support across a wide range please visit the website or contact school for further advice on finding the right support service.
Below is a list of some useful websites but there are more local support services. Please see Shropshire Council Family Information Directory for further services or contact school to speak to the Family Well-Being Team.
- Shropshire Council Family Information Directory – www.shropshire.gov.uk/early-years-and-childcare/parents-and-carers/shropshire-family-information-service-0-19-years
- Autism West Midlands – www.autismwestmidlands.org.uk
- OsNosh – Food service www.osnosh.co.uk
- Food bank – www.shropshirelarder.org.uk
- Managing Behaviour – www.inourplace.co.uk/ with code DARWIN18, or contact Shropshire parenting team on 01743 250950 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Housing issues – www.shropshire.gov.uk/housing-options-and-homelessness
- Support for young carers – email@example.com. Please visit www.crossroadstogether.org.uk for more information for all carers.
- Domestic Abuse – www.shropsdas.org.uk
- Substance Misuse – www.wearewithyou.org.uk/services/shropshire
- Sexual Health Service – www.openclinic.org.uk
- Children's emotional well-being - BEAM https://www.childrenssociety.org.uk/information/young-people/well-being/services/beam-shropshire-telford-wrekin
- Adults emotional well-being – IAPT can provide support for adults with mild to moderate mental health issues such as low mood or anxiety, please visit www.mpft.nhs.uk/services/improving-access-psychological-therapies-iapt